Looking for information on AAU basketball clubs, camps, open gym & clinics? Danvers Indoor Sports is the place. Click on the icon for more info.
The GOAL of the Danvers Girls Basketball Program is to provide every player an opportunity to develop life-long skills and positive relationships through the game of basketball.
"Success is a Choice"
The Danvers Girls Travel Basketball program is for girls residing in Danvers. It is comprised of 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade teams. DGTB provides girls with the opportunity to play and learn the game of basketball. It focuses on, and is committed to building team spirit and sportsmanship at all levels. Teams are formed in October, begin practicing in early November, and compete in the North Shore Girls Basketball Travel League (www.northshoregirlsbasketball.com) during December, January, and February. The season concludes in March with playoffs and championship game.
Danvers Girls Travel Basketball provides leadership and modeling of
our core mission through support and communication with the
players, parents and coaches. Our program encourages teamwork in
a safe atmosphere through the spirit of basketball. We will teach fundamentals, promote sportsmanship, respect for self and others while promoting a high level of basketball instruction and competitive match-ups at Local & Regional games.
Besides teaching young girls the game of basketball, the league tries to promote strong values. Our core values are the 5 E’s – Effort, Education, Enthusiasm, Ethics and Excellence
1. Effort is the use of physical or mental energy to do something; A difficult exertion of ones strength or will. Every player is expected to give an earnest effort while participating in practice and games. Hard work and dedication is the path to individual success.
2. Education is important and will last long after athletic endeavors. Each athlete is encouraged to strive to excel in the classroom as well as the basketball court.
3. Enthusiasm is defined as a “Great excitement for or interest in a subject or cause”. Players are expected to exude a “great excitement and interest” in their own personal development as well as team development. Teamwork and cooperation are the paths to group success.
4. Ethics – Both Coaches, parents and players are expected to conduct themselves within the ethical standards of the DGTB league. See our “Code Of Conduct” page for further information.
5. Excellence is always doing your best and striving to make your best, better; therefore, always have the expectation of achieving excellence for yourself and your team. No individual is bigger than the team.
We try to teach these values through example and reinforcement as we build and execute our program.
Congratulations to the 6th, 7th & 8th grade teams for winning the NSGTB championship for the 2017 - 2018 season
Practices are usually held twice per week for 60-90 minute sessions each with start/end times ranging from 5:30pm to 9:00pm. Games are on Saturdays and/or Sundays and can range from 8:00a.m. to 7:00p.m. Approximately half of the games are away; for a listing of the participating towns please visit the NSGTBL website.
The 2019-20 season registration fees are $200 for 1 player, $375 for 2 players and $550 for 3 players and include practice shirts, game socks and uniforms. The uniforms are returned to the league at the end of the season. League information can also be found on the North Shore Girls Travel Basketball website. Tryouts are mandatory, all players must attend at least one. Online registration is closed for the 2019 - 20 season.
Please contact David Chisholm at Dschisholm@comcast.net if you have any questions/concerns regarding the league.
We offer two different Travel Programs and strive to place all players onto teams but sometimes there are cuts. Eligibility is grade (not age) based, no exceptions. Participation in the DGTB program will be predicated on number of players and coach volunteers. If there is no coach for a team at a particular grade level, the league reserves the right to limit the number of players. The league endeavors to balance the teams at grades 4 and 5 so that the teams will be equitable (B/B), however the league reserves the right to make adjustments to this policy where required by enrollment. Teams for grades 6, 7 and 8 will be based on skill level (A/B).
THE OFFICIAL HOME OF
Be sure to check out Dick's sporting goods for all your basketball gear. Dick's is a sponsor of the DGTB.